Subject: Re: Crusoe LongRun Support
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/23/2001 11:32:14
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:14:27PM -0400, Bill Squier wrote:
>
>  > Not in its current state.  envsys(4) is a read-only sort of creature, designed
>  > mostly to handle communicating the value of temperature and fan sensors to
>  > userland.

I could certainly return the CPU core voltage with an envsys-compatable
interface. Is this worth doing, though? It looks like the API may well
vanish with the coming ACPI, which presumably comes with a kernel events

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> I think it's someting we could glue into sysmon....
> I.e. it might be nice to be able to control Intel SpeedStep this way, as
> well.

Right. I'll look at SpeedStep and try to come up with a reasonable sysmon
API for CPU performance/power control that will cover the two. If someone
knows where there's detail on the Alpha interface you mentioned, let me
know so I can look at that as well.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org