Subject: Re: /dev/clock pseudodevice
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/2001 01:15:32
>  1) only allow /dev/clock to make small adjustments to the clock
> (adjtime(), ntp_adjtime(), and possibly small forward steps with settimeo=
fday)

libc will use /dev/clock if present instead of settimeofday, hence this
would make the superuser unable to adjust the time in the past. I think
we need to only allow /dev/clock to make small adjustements if the
caller is not the superuser, and let it do any adjustement if the caller
is the super-user.

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millenium
D=E9sormais, les OS portent la date de peremption dans leurs noms.
manu@netbsd.org