Subject: Re: loadfile and ddb_init
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/24/2001 12:31:19
> > What I don't understand at the moment is - where is 'extern int end'
> > defined and/or set ? I can't seem to find it.
>
> It's set by the linker, along with edata.

	Hmmm. Freaky. That means that if the Booter loads the kernel
ina  different way to what the linker was expecting, then these vars
will all have incorrect values.

	Are these relative to the start of the loaded kernel ?
Is esym, which is overriden by the Booter & kernel, also preset
by the linker ?

	Are these documented anywhere (other then the linker src) ?

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,   |
|   Telstra NW-D, Sydney, Australia.    |  when you stop believing  |