Subject: Re: /usr/include/machine
To: None <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/16/2001 00:22:55
In article <4.3.2.7.2.20010713092228.023534c0@3am-software.com>
matt@3am-software.com writes:

> >It could be fixed by changing INCSDIR to /usr/include/machine, but
> >arm32_drain_writebuf.c and arm32_icache.c under lib/libarch/arm32
> >include machine/sysarch.h so they cannot be compiled.

> Since arm26 doesn't have sysarch.h, the right solution is to move the
> arm32 sysarch.h to arm and install it.  arm26 will need to have a
> dummy sysarch(2) syscall but since there are part of the arm ABI it
> should have them anyway.

If you know the correct fix, please don't leave sources broken, and
please confirm your changes *at least* compile before committing.

> >Anyway, how many people know the current status of these changes?
> >Is there any discussion _before_ these changes were done?
>
> On this list.

Sorry, I cannot find it before your changes.
Would you please point to archives?

> >IMHO, if machine/param.h can be shared,
> >these ports did not have to be split.
>
> Only those things that user programs needs to have defined are
> being in defined in the common param.h

I agree with you in this point.
Then, would you please show your whole plan for these changes?
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp