Subject: klog message corruption?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/12/2001 15:15:59
I'm currently working on a little project which generates quite a bit of
logging information to the klog device.  When I examine the log file
generated by syslogd some of the messages are being entered into the log
in an incomplete form.  An arbitrary amount of the beginning of the
message will be missing.  I'm wondering if, perhaps, there is a buffer
size I can adjust within the klog device or if this problem is related
to syslogd.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  This problem seems to
effect about, just roughly, 1 in every 50 messages.

    Thanks
    Tyrel