Subject: Re: Adding new kernel configs (was: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/i386/conf)
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/07/2001 16:08:59
>>>>> "wojtek" == wojtek  <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net> writes:
    wojtek> his/her hardware and needs after installation. it's not redhat
    wojtek> linux ;)
    >> I agree.
    >>
    >> But, there are two things: 1) the specific setting for the M700.  2)
    >> the Cardbus->PCI bridge, which I'd say is still too experiemental to
    >> even put in GENERIC as a comment.

    wojtek> if you put it in CARDBUS kernel it will not be a problem
    wojtek> IMHO. people who don't have Cardbus->PCI bridge will not suffer
    wojtek> from it's unstability, people who can't run without it will run

  Roger Wilco.