Subject: Re: POSIX.4 real-time extensions?
To: None <gkm@petting-zoo.net, jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/06/2001 22:27:48
	>How do other OS manage this, e.g. Solaris? (It seems Linux doesn't support
	>this, at least I can't find any mention of aio in 2.3.49 kernel sources).

ISTR solaris uses a different driver entry point for aio and does not
biowait().  Instead, there is a kernel aio structure/process to keep
track of pending I/Os, and waiting is done on that structure only
when the process specifically desires to wait for I/O completion.

However, it has been quite a while since I was messing around with
that code, so my memory may not be all that accurate.

Eduardo