Subject: Re: uvm_loan() question
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/2001 23:08:54
Chuck Silvers wrote:
> you shouldn't need any explicit unloan step.
> just removing the mapping should resolve the loan.

Okay, thanks.

> could you send me a dump for the panic?

I found out if was mistake in my code after all - the array passed
to uvm_unloanpage() was dynamically allocated, and it was freed
before call to uvm_unloanpage(). When I tried to change the code
to not free the array, uvm_unloanpage() would not panic
even when run after pipe_loan_free()/uvm_km_free().

BTW, would you have an idea what might cause kern/13352 ?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!