Subject: Re: Call for review: The New Block/Character Device Switch Configuration
To: MAEKAWA Masahide <>
From: Matthew Jacob <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/28/2001 09:02:50
I think I understand this. Thanks for confirming what I thought I

With respect to the rest of the proposal.... Have you considered
eliminating the differences (internally) between CHAR and BLOCK?
A lot of systems do this when they go to a dynamic devsw. The only
thing you migh really need char/block for is in the externally
representation- and both Linux and FreeBSD quite easily prove you
can do fine without the distinction entirely.