Subject: Re: Call for review: The New Block/Character Device Switch Configuration
To: MAEKAWA Masahide <maekawa@math.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/28/2001 01:12:26
But I see no advantage to dynamic devsw additions if you don't also
propagate this where user applications, opening well known device names
in /dev, get the device they expect. It seems that it deals with part
of the problem, but not the really important part.

I probably don't understand the depth of what you are accomplishing- I'm
sorry!