Subject: Re: g/c mountcompatnames[] ?
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jarom=EDr_Dolecek?= <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2001 15:40:20
On the other hand, I must ask a question in all seriousness.

How much 0.9/4.3BSD legacy stuff do we really need to hang on to?

[I think it's because the 4.3 compat stuff was actually required as
"recently" as at least 1.1 -- I remember that taking out COMPAT_43
did bad things to the getty on the console.]

...and do we still really need COMPAT_NOMID (or is this completely
orthogonal to NetBSD?)?