Subject: /usr/sbin/config in -current
To: None <>
From: Michael Richardson <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2001 14:09:30

Jason, Chris, Hubert, Matthew:
(recent people who hacked on config)

  The hacks that I had been doing to 1.4 and 1.5's config to permit
out-of-/usr/src builds of device drivers look like they are almost obsoleted
by prefix and cinclude.

  (I still need a way to get things added to conf.c. I would still like to
propose my #define AUX_CONF hack as simple, already implemented, and
non-revolutionary. I welcome revolution stuff as well, and would also test
them, but I can not originate them at this time)

  However, I think that there isn't a way in "prefix" to indicate that one
wants to push the directory in which the CONFIG file was found onto the
stack, or a way to cinclude something from that directory.
  I would propose @ to refer to starting directory, but I am open to
other suggestions.
  {Alternatively, we can consider adding full variable references.}

  This requires a call to getcwd(2) in main.c, and some code in
util.c:prefix_push() to use that path.  I have this code already.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation,
   Michael Richardson |    Travelling... if you don't know where I am, how should I?
 Personal: PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF=""></A>.

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5 and Gnu Privacy Guard <>