Subject: Re: g/c mountcompatnames[] ?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/2001 09:56:35
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I think this might be the first time we drop a COMPAT option. I'm not sure
> if that's a good thing to do.
>
> How is it becoming a maintenance problem - it's not changing, is it?

It is changing. It feels ... wrong to add a new filesystem and not update
list of filesystems in mountcompatnames[], even through that list is obsolete.
Also, due to how current vfs_sysctl() works, that list has to be updated
and kept in sync and order with CTL_VFS_NAMES in order to support fs sysctls.

That stuff is dead weight. It's no longer possible to test if it's
actually still working. It's been dead for like 7 years now (since NetBSD 1.0).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!