Subject: pcmcia_intr_establish and PCMCIA audio
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/2001 12:57:52
Is this the correct syntax for this function:

  esc->sc_ih = pcmcia_intr_establish(esc->sc_pf, IPL_AUDIO, esl_intr, esc);

I assumed that whenever an interrupt is fired, the esl_intr function would
get triggered. However, this doesn't seem to be the case, and the esl_intr
function never happens.

An interrupt is supposed to occur whenever the number of bytes in the FIFO
changes from >= 128 to < 128, but it's not happening at all. Any ideas
why?

I called the esl_intr routine in a loop from the esl_trigger_output
function, and sound (the first 65536 bytes of it) is coming out and
definitely audible. Things are looking good, but I still need this
interrupt handler to work properly.

If anyone wants to have a look at the source, it's available at:

  http://invisible.yi.org/~jmcneill/netbsd/esl-20010622.tar.gz

Thanks,
Jared