Subject: Re: attach routine not being called after successful match
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jarom=EDr?= Dolecek <>
From: D. <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2001 19:14:51
On 20 Jun 2001 18:14:15 +0200, Jaromír Dolecek wrote:
> Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> > Is there any reason why an attach routine wouldn't be called after a
> > success match? Here's what's going on:
> >
> >  sound driver attaches to pcmcia bus
> >  drvname_opl_attach is executed
> >   opl_find returns true
> >   drvname_opl_attach returns true
> >  drvname_opl_match is never called
> >  audio attaches to sound driver
> Just a nit - you probably meant:
>    drvname_opl_match returns true
>   drvname_opl_attach is never called

Yea, that's what I meant, sorry.. but it's ok, I found the problem, and

  esl0 at pcmcia1 function 0 port 0x220-0x22f: EigerLabs EPX-A2000 Audio
  esl0: ESS Technology ES1688 [version 0x688b]
  audio0 at esl0: half duplex, mmap
  opl0 at esl0: model OPL3
  midi0 at opl0: ESS AudioDrive Yamaha OPL3

PCM audio still doesn't work, and I don't have the mixer coded yet, but
plays flawlessly (and actually sounds decent as far as OPL3 is

Stay tuned for more :-)