Subject: Re: Moving (some) fs kernel code under sys/fs/ ?
To: None <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/2001 18:48:17
> The problem with the name "cdfs" is that it assumes that there's only
> one file system format that goes on CD-ROMs.
>
> people have shipped UFS, HFS, and almost certainly other file system
> formats (in addition to ISO-9660) on CD-ROMs.

Why can't we have an (optional?) test for different filesystems that
is handled by mount(8)?  And even perhaps an fstyp(8)(?)?  I know that
it would make my life a fraction easier on occasion, and I expect it
would help most people.  It's not like we can't differentiate reasonably
well...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...