Subject: Re: Linux compatible clone(2) syscall implemented
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/14/2001 16:29:27
On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 08:20:46PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

 >  * it really works as expected
 >  * it's fully compatible with the Linux version (yes, I
 >    know some features are not yet implemented :)
 >  * also Wine works properly
 >
 > Any comments are welcome and appreciated,

There are a couple of minor problems with it, most notably the fact
that since you don't do the set-child-retval-to-0 magic that the
fork/vfork libc asm stubs do, child_return()/cpu_fork() on all platforms
need to make sure that the child's retval register has 0 in it.  I've
made this change for the platforms which didn't do that (Alpha and VAX),
and have made a few other tweaks to which header files things go into.

I'll try and get it integrated soon.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>