Subject: Re: Patch to add console scrollback support.
To: Lord Isildur <>
From: Johan Danielsson <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/01/2001 23:47:24
Lord Isildur <> writes:

> they might sound monotonous after a while, but it is exactly the
> same for someone of the opposite point of view to say 'im pretty
> sick of these continual additions (or proposed additions) of fluff
> into the kernel' and it would be exactly the same assertion.

You don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

If there's a technical argument against something, we should hear
about it. That something isn't *useful* on someones ten year old pc
that they got for free, gets very tedious to hear about all the time.

Why should we have anything in the kernel at all? Micro-kernels have
proved to be pretty useless in reality, so why not strive in that