Subject: Re: Patch to add console scrollback support.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: justin <lifter@crosswinds.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/01/2001 00:07:44
Sorry John. This is my first attempt at making anything work at the
kernel-level.

The stuff I ported over from OpenBSD was the work of Aaron Campbell.

Just as in OpenBSD the buffer is destroyed when you switch VTs. It only
can scroll back 8 pages maximum. There is no way to change that at the moment,
although there should be. Also, there is no way to disable support for it.

It operates through vga and pcdisplay. The other work submitted previously,
that I failed to notice until now, seems much more complete.

Regards,
Justin Reigle

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:40:57AM -0400, John Hawkinson wrote