Subject: Re: diffs for UVM/UBC improvements available
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/29/2001 12:52:26
Would I be putting it more simply to the lesser technical than yourselves
(such as, oh, me :-) to say that the layers still need that struct lock *
drilling down to the base layer so that locking on a node will actually
work, i.e. all layers ATOP the base point down to the lock at the base
level, while the struct lock * at the base is a real lock on the node,
hence any references on any other layer will actually perform the lock op
[if they're even permitted to do that]?

Or is that not even close?