Subject: Re: kqueue() update; ready to commit?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/21/2001 08:26:43
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 05:04:22PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:

 > The work is almost done, and I need some feedback from people with
 > more kernel experience than I, because I'd like to get this work
 > committed into our tree real soon now. There's a few places in the
 > code where I wasn't sure about how to port certain FreeBSD locking
 > features (for example), and I've marked those with `XXXLUKEM'.

Have you addressed the concerns of:

	- Acquiring the number of named filters.

	- Need 3 filter entry points for them to be truly useful.

that have been raised each time kqueue has been discussed?

Sadly, the easy one to implement (name-to-number) is the one that doens't
directly affect the kevent API itself -- the more complicated one, the
3-filter-entry-points, does.  And since it does change things a bit, we
need to have that implemented before its brought into our tree.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>