Subject: Re: JDK native threads (was: Re: struct emul modification)
To: Jarommr Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/21/2001 09:12:25
> Well, apparently, some stuff works, some stuff not :)
> Simple stuff like pieces of code testing clone(2) works, some
> more complex things like RealPlayer fails sometimes. You might
> want to check gnats for Linux-related PRs. All compat/linux PRs I'm aware of
> are assigned to me, so you might use
>       http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/responsible/jdolecek.html
> as a shortcut.

I meant Java native threads (java -native instead of java -green). What
is their status on i386? Is i386 emulation able to run java programs
with native threads or not?

PowerPC Linux emulation is able to run complex Java programs with native
threads, but it rarely hangs (it does in Tomcat for instance). I wonder
if i386 suffers the same machine independent bug, or if the problem is
machine dependent on both platforms.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.  Cette signature vous est fournie telle quelle, sans
aucune garantie de fonctionnement. En la lisant, vous acceptez