Subject: kqueue() update; ready to commit?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/21/2001 17:04:22
Hi.

As some of you may be aware, I've been working on the importing the
kqueue(2) code from FreeBSD into NetBSD.

The work is almost done, and I need some feedback from people with
more kernel experience than I, because I'd like to get this work
committed into our tree real soon now. There's a few places in the
code where I wasn't sure about how to port certain FreeBSD locking
features (for example), and I've marked those with `XXXLUKEM'.

As to the code itself; I've been running this for a while on a
couple of my systems. There doesn't seem to be any negative impact
on running this code, either when not explicitly using the kqueue
mechanism, or in code that uses kqueues for various features.

I've uploaded the latested diff, test files, and todo list to:
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/lukem/
The relevant files are:
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/lukem/kqueue-010521.diffs
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/lukem/kqueue-todo
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/lukem/kqueue-test.tar.gz

As mentioned above, I'd like to commit this fairly soon, so good
technical feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Luke.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com