Subject: Re: struct emul modification
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/19/2001 22:22:45
> >Well this kind of problem does matters since we already have an example
> >of a Linux binary (The JDK for LinuxPPC) that broke because NetBSD does
> >not implement it the same way Linux does.
>
> .... how come it only broek on PPC but not on other Linux emulations?
> Or is the linux jdk on x86 under linux emulation broken, but we
> haven't noticed?

I don't know how i386 Linux emulation is able to support the JDK. I've
already fixed 2 machine independent bugs in Linux emulation to get the
JDK working on the PowerPC, and it's still not fully functionnal (green
threads seems okay, native threads have some problems).

One reason could be that i386 is a bit different (eg: it has
__HAS_MINIMAL_EMULATION, powerpc does not, you can also have a look to
the problem I described today on this list about terminals)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Hiroshima 45. Tchernobyl 86. Windows 95.