Subject: Re: struct emul modification
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/19/2001 18:13:38
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Actually we would want to implement SIGIO for newpipe.

I looked again and newpipe does send SIGIO. It seems that the fact
it's not working for the NetBSD-integrated code is merely
my fault - I've incorrectly translated FreeBSD pgsigio()
to gsignal(), instead of doing the gsignal()/psignal() stuff.

So, actually, FreeBSD (and other OS using their new pipe stuff, unless
they made same mistake as me) does send SIGIO even for pipe descriptors.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!