Subject: Re: Reverting the PCMCIADEBUG removal?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/18/2001 14:20:04
Can't we defopt it, and rename it to PCMCIAVERBOSE-- or
split it into VERBOSE parts, and acutal DEBUG parts?
(Or PCMCIAINFO, if PCMCIAVERBOSE is already taken for something else?)

I am not sure whether jhawk is asking only to have the extra info put
back into INSTALL and GENERIC kernels, or if there is real desire to
put back the machierny to use DDB to configure cards which woudln't
otherwise be usable.

If there's really a desire to allow the DDB frobbing in
INSTALL/GENERIC kernels, then can we invent a new defopt for just
those parts?  Or does the ddb-frobbing require everything that real,
honest-to-goodnes kernel debugging needs anyway?