Subject: Re: Reverting the PCMCIADEBUG removal?
To: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/18/2001 11:50:11
<jchacon@genuity.net> wrote on Fri, 18 May 2001
at 10:09:25 -0400 in <200105181409.KAA07731@dragon.tools.gtei.net>:

> Enabled by default? We don't enable DEBUG by default and these also tend to
> add more code/time to a system.

I can't tell if you're ignoring my argument or just missing it,
or seeing it differently.

DEBUG has serious performance penalties and very little utility for
most users or for INSTALL time. That's not the case with PCMCIADEBUG.
I suspect it's not the case for WDCDEBUG, which is why abs proposed it.

--jhawk