Subject: Re: what's still using pccons ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/10/2001 08:16:24
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 11:55:36 +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> 	a) Rename ttyv0 -> ttyC0 (in MAKEDEV and ttys).

ttyC* is com-port ("su", not "zs") on sparc.  Admittedly, it's only
present on JavaStations (/obio/su or /pci/ebus/su) and Tadpole
(/obio/su) and then as Matt Thomas said in

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2000/09/04/0004.html

    ... it doesn't work right.  I've never figured out why.

so there should be no upgrade problems ;-)

PS: Where on the web can I get documentation for ns16*50?  I
ruthlessly vivisected dev/ic/com.c and it sort of works on
JavaStation-1 now - it reverberates some previous output (fifo
problems I guess), but stock version would just start spewing a lot of
garbage into the port and is absolutely unusable (lev13 interrupts
rate around 60!).

SY, Uwe