Subject: Re: filesystem read-ahead caching....
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2001 20:53:58
all of the filesystems now do read ahead and write behind with clustering.
the cluster_{read,write}() code is not used anymore since that code deals
with the buffer cache and regular file data is no longer stored in the
buffer cache.  for read ahead, look in genfs_getpages() where it calls
VOP_GETPAGES() recursively.

LFS will be converted to use the page cache for file data as well once
I finish with the code I'm working on now to enable that.  so far I'm
still working on implementing pmap_{kenter_pa,kremove} in more pmaps
(since that is required by my new code), but hopefully I'll get to
LFS before too much longer.  once LFS is converted, vfs_cluster.c
can be deleted since it won't be used anymore.

-Chuck