Subject: Re: possible bug in NetBSD asynchronous I/O
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/02/2001 16:54:52
I'm way behind on this list, so this thread is probably dead (or was...)
but FWIW, I'd contend that sending a SIGIO for "some more room is available"
is inefficient at best.  When someone posted the "description" of async I/O
I would have expected that SIGIO be sent for the transitions I/O not possible
to I/O possible only.  So, I'd say we have a bug.

--sjg