Subject: Re: looking for devices on PCI bus
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Michael Lyle <mlyle@recourse.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2001 16:46:03
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 01:36:04AM +0200, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> We're running way out of scope here.. What Manuel needs is
> a hack for the via 686 pciide driver. That driver needs to
> know the revision of another device on the PCI bus (the PCI-ISA
> bridge in the same chipset). So it needs to find that
> device, and the only way is to scan pci config space.

*nods* I realize that..  the nice thing is, if there is a -current table-
kept in the kernel of what the PCI config is, that can just be queried
instead of rescanning-- e.g. it makes the solution general purpose and
avoids the need to duplicate / reinvoke code.

Mike

--
Michael P. Lyle
Chief Technical Officer

The contents of this message are confidential.
Copyright 2001 M. Lyle