Subject: Re: looking for devices on PCI bus
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Wiz <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2001 23:46:25
In article <20010501193321.B475@antioche.eu.org> you wrote:
> there is at last 2 situations where we want to look for PCI devices of a
> given type in the system. The first one is for LKM device driver (we
> need to find the devices we can drive at lkm load time), the second is for
> pciide (where I need to find which pcib we have to know the exact type of
> VIA IDE controller). For now the only way to do this would be to duplicate
> part of pci.c in various drivers which need it, so I think it's time to come
> with a generic way of doing this.

I think we also want this for some of the X servers.
These also want to know the address space of the cards, of course
-- perhaps you could provide some functions for that, too? :)

Or should this be somehow done by the callback() function?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,