Subject: Re: Testing newpipe
To: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2001 20:50:51
Jason R. Fink wrote:
> Jaromir, is there any value for you or anyone else in my doing
> so or do you have enough info? If you need specifics on the laptop
> i can send you a dmesg tomorrow.

Sure, more data could never hurt :)

BTW, it would be quite useful if people tried full hbench benchmark,
which tests the pipe bandwidth for different buffer sizes. I'd
really like to find out if the 64KB buffer size is optimal on all archs
or other archs "like" other values (and hence if PIPE_CHUNK could
be MI, or it should be machine dependant).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!