Subject: Re: loadable device driver
To: Bharani Chadalavada <bharani.chadalavada@nexsi.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/01/2001 20:35:30
Bharani Chadalavada wrote:
> But it is a bit disappointing to know that lkm is broken. Can you be more
> specific? What part of it is broken?Is it broken only in netbsd-current or in
> netbsd 1.5??

It's broken on NetBSD/mips only, it has never worked there. IIRC
from previous discussion, there is a problem with way kernel text
is mapped. I don't know exact details, it should be possible to find
it in archives for port-mips and tech-kern. It would be really nice if
someone would make LKMs working on mips :)

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!