Subject: Re: CardBus PCI
To: Hayakawa Koichi <haya@ilink.sony.co.jp>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/26/2001 11:08:27
>>>>> "haya" == Hayakawa Koichi <haya@ilink.sony.co.jp> writes:
    haya> P.S.  I think we should unify PCI and CardBus (and CompactPCI,
    haya> possibly) handler, but...

  That would be a good idea!

    haya> + for (device = 0; device < 32; device++) { + pcitag_t tag; +

  Thanks, I was about to write a similar function, but had no time yesterday.

  I will make it a function, since I think that it needs to be done
recursively, or at least that it needs to be called from ppb.c as well.
  I thought that pci_intr_fixup() would do the trick, but my BIOS doesn't
provide the right motherboard interrupt mapping, but that's okay, since the
BIOS initialized things up to cardbus bridge.

  The magma device looks like:

      HostBridge<-#0->CardBusBridge<-#3->CARD<-cable-#4->AdapterBridge<-#5>rtk

  I.e. there are two DEC bridges connected with a special cable that has
nothing else on that "bus".

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[