Subject: Re: Why is cpu_reboot arch dependent
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/23/2001 17:19:36
On 22 Apr 2001, John Fremlin wrote:

> matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> writes:
<snip>
> Whoops! I checked hpcarm and dreamcast and they seemed to be rather
> similar so I generalised a bit too far. OTOH there is a lot of cut and
> pasted code in these functions :-(
>
> I don't understand the VAX cpu_reboot, it seems that doshutdownhooks
> is called iff (howto & RB_HALT) which is not at all like the other
> archs (normally it's always called).

	Could this in fact be a bug? I haven't powered up my VAXstation in
about 6 months, but I seem to remember several snapshots in which if you
issued 'shutdown -h now' the system would not do anything, it would just
keep going as if nothing happened; but if I did 'reboot' it would act like
a shutdown -h and halt the system.
	Has anyone else run into this? I'm using a KA-42A v1.2 (VAXstation
3100/m30)

	Chris