Subject: CardBus PCI
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@solidum.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/21/2001 16:34:06
Jason,
  okay, we got the box from magma... comes up as:

(manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Digital Equipment DECchip 21152 PCI-PCI Bridge (PCI bridge, revision 0x03) at cardbus1 dev 0 function 0 not configured

  I've hacked together a dev/cardbus/rbus_ppb.c from pci/ppb.c and if_fxp_cardbus.c.

  Some questions:
  1) can I derive a
     "pci_chipset_tag_t" from a "cardbus_chipset_tag_t"?

  2) what about interrupts? "pba_intrswiz" and
     "pba_intrtag"? I think that cardbus only provides for
     one interrupt.

  3) I think that all of the devices behind this cardbus->PCI will have to
  have physical addresses assigned to them.

  This would seem be doable via pci_addr_fixup(), no?

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[