Subject: get a message if a file chanced/get a new record
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Lonkwitz <martin.lonkwitz@db.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/2001 12:33:19
I want to write a C program wich monitors the utmp file and will get a message if a new record is added to utmp.
My idea was to use "fattach" cause I also want to get a message if a new line is added at the /var/adm/messages
Is this a good way or would there be a better way to monitor a file ?
Any examples available  ?

Regards

Martin Lonkwitz
 Tokyo

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.