Subject: Re: New ffs_dirpref() code
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/18/2001 13:39:15
On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 05:40:58PM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Someone needs to review the patches to ffs_vfsops.c, I quickly copied the
> OpenBSD patch when I did it, and it could be (probably is) done very
> wrong. The FreeBSD patch is much cleaner IMO so that should be taken into
> consideration before commiting these changes.

I had a peek at those, and what he difference was (but no longer is,
I think), is that FreeBSD made fs_csp into a dynamically allocated
area, to avoid an overflow in the superblock (for filesystems
with a very large number of cylinder groups). That's a change we
should pick up as well.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com