Subject: Re: FireWire development?
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/14/2001 23:35:16
Disks are the first thing I'm attacking but right now I'm just fleshing out
the generic layers to probe and find all devices. i.e. attach/detach correctly
and print out what they are. That's probably 80% there and I'll check in the
basics this week sometime so others can at least see how it reacts probing
their stuff (nice to know if all the CRC's check out, etc).

Once the middle layer is done, disks are the simplest thing to add since if
they support SBP2 and the scsi command set it's just a new type of scsi
interface.

James