Subject: Re: Kernel include files proposal
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/12/2001 08:38:25
Matt Thomas wrote:
> > > dev/dec/dec_boot.h is needed the vax/pmax installboot programs.
>
> I do not believe that arch/*/stand/* should do contorted includes
> to get things out of sys/...

It's matter of adding appropriate -I to it's Makefile. I'm not quite
sure, but it seems ... wrong to export that header to common
userland. installboot is very special and tighly coupled with
boot/kernel. I think it would be more appropriate if it included
the kernel header directly.

> > > dev/ofw/openfirmio.h is needed by some ofw dumping programs.
> >
> >So <dev/ofw/openfirmio.h> is supposed to be portable ?
>
> Yep.  It works on at least 4 platforms already (sparc, arm32, macppc,
> and sparc64).

That header file was re-added to the installed set, since it
contains ioctls.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=<>=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!