Subject: Re: Kernel include files proposal
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/11/2001 09:55:03
Darren Reed wrote:
> The problem, as I see it, is how do you decide what to trim and
> what not to trim ?  What happens when a tool is extended, or
> developed, that requries one of them ?  Seems to me to be easier
> and less inviting of trouble to just leave them there..

Generally, yes, but for sys/dev/ includes, this doesn't matter too
much. Only kvm growellers and programs we maintain should use
those includes, and it would be preferable if also those used
some kind of proper API (unless they use ioctl already, of course).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=<>=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!