Subject: Re: Kernel include files proposal
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/11/2001 22:50:41
So in what way does those two packages manage to use that header file
without an ioctl()?  I guess they could be using read()/write() instead,
in which case it should be installed, of course.
What I would have us do is to install the absolute minimum of kernel
header files.  When something shows up that doesn't compile, we'll
either install the needed header file, or change the program if it is
misdesigned.

    -- Lennart