Subject: Re: Kernel include files proposal
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/11/2001 19:33:46
> But note that ic/bt8xx.h defines no ioctls.  There was no general way
> to identify it as needed.

Well, others' comments on the truth of the first sentence aside, the
second sentence isn't true.

Note the time.  Build the package.  Run a find /usr/include -amin with
an appropriate argument.

Voila.  A list of every include file read during the build of the
package.  (Of course, you need to make sure nothing else which reads
include files runs in the meantime.)

> What about third-party SW not yet pkgized?

Excellent point (as my other recent message on this thread implies :-).

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca