Subject: Pipes 1.1, bugfix available
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2001 10:39:58
Hi,
I've found a problem with handling of buffers which are not
page aligned, which showed up e.g. when I tried to untar lukemftpd.
Fixed version of kern/sys_pipe.c is available from
	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdolecek/newpipe-1.1.tgz

If you used 1.0 version, you only need newer kern/sys_pipe.c; nothing
else is changed.

Also an idea:
How evil is to do uiomove() to the reader's uio from within the writer's
process context? The context switch there seems like unnecessary and the
synchronization code adds quite some overhead.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=<>=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!