Subject: Re: OpenBSD's new ffs_dirpref() code
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2001 20:31:45
On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:11:40AM +0200, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

 > That looks very interesting.  Was that test with our without softdep?
 > I think we should definitely have a look at this and bring it in if at all
 > possible.  The time it takes to untar (and rm) a directory tree is
 > annoying in NetBSD at the moment.

We should, yes.  It's worth noting that this change also appeared
in FreeBSD (and it may in fact have appeared there first), and it's
something that our Charles Hannum suggested ... quite a long time ago
(at least a year) -- just hadn't gotten around to implementing.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>