Subject: Re: Faster pipes from FreeBSD
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/06/2001 20:13:21
Andrew Brown wrote:
> >>Using some "real" pipe benchmark program would probably
> >>give more accurate results, these are for orientation only
> >>(10000 iterations only, 1KB buffer, no checking for valid contents).
> >
> >i'll try this on my alpha and sparc.  post your program?  or should i
> >just use lmbench?
>
> of course, trying to build it on my alpha (alpha problem?) is another
> matter entirely.  :)

This should be solved just by #ifdeffing the definition of struct pipemapping
out (it's defined in pipe.h), as well as removing pipe_map from
struct pipe and some code from sys_pipe.c.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=<>=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!