Subject: Re: ACL
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/03/2001 20:32:13
> I'm sure ACL wasn't a new thing even then.
>
> I would like to use ACL's on NetBSD.  For example, on a CVS server which
> hosts multiple projects with many different groups of people, I could
> allow the right persons to access the projects they are working on and
> keep the others out.  Now I have to create a separate group for every
> project and add the relevant users to all groups they need to belong to.

what's bad in it?!

i'm using such method in other things.

> This is just one example.. I could use ACL's every now and then and they
> would simplify things.

i can't see this "simplicity".

> I know the feeling "I like NetBSD as it is, don't touch anything!" but..

no. i would like to touch it. to write new drivers, to improve
performance etc....

> I also want NetBSD to gain more features, more drivers, and even more
> users (who may become developers).  I don't know if an operating system

or may not. mostly people's that want "new technologies" etc. can't code.

> can be successful without users...

yes it couldn't. but it would not be good when there is too much users.
i'm linux user for 5 years. there is the moment in popularity when most of
users are lames and they scream more loud that people who knows more. it
begin about 3 years with linux and now i see it's effects.