Subject: Re: Strange behavious of getpeername(2) on pipe
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/2001 14:47:57
Hiya Martin,

On 27 Mar 2001, Martin J. Laubach wrote:
>   Is it normal for a call to getpeername(2) on a non-socket
> (a pipe, more specifically) not to return any error? This
> behaviour is causing trouble with FastCGI, and is contrary
> to about all other OS' around?

Euhm ... a maybe strange question but why do you want to use
`getpeername()' in the FastCGI? for what purpose? The FastCGI environment
vars state everything you need allready dont it ? You only get the
connection to the http server ... so where do you need that for? I've
written quite a lot of CGI stuff now also with security in it but never
had to use it ....

Cheers,
Reinoud