Subject: Re: serious bug introduced in Linux compatibility
To: Frank van der Linden <>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/2001 10:03:35
> Yes, it looks like something is broken. However, the last person
> to touch the Linux compat code in this area was you..

I made more test, and it's probably my fault. If I removed the changes I
added on version 1.46 of linux_exec.c, and it does not panic anymore.

Anyway, I still think there is another problem somewhere else: I
upgraded to -current two days ago to test for that bug. Before
upgrading, I already have the change in linux_exec.c, but I had no
kernel panic problems. So I think that there are two differents problems
that end up in a kernel panic.

I've replied to kern/12455, and I'll do more tests this weekend to
understand where this is comming from.

Emmanuel Dreyfus.  Cette signature vous est fournie telle quelle, sans
aucune garantie de fonctionnement. En la lisant, vous acceptez
implicitement tous les degats qu'elle pourrait causer, materiellement
ou logiciellement.