Subject: Re: serious bug introduced in Linux compatibility
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/2001 10:03:35
> Yes, it looks like something is broken. However, the last person
> to touch the Linux compat code in this area was you..

I made more test, and it's probably my fault. If I removed the changes I
added on version 1.46 of linux_exec.c, and it does not panic anymore.

Anyway, I still think there is another problem somewhere else: I
upgraded to -current two days ago to test for that bug. Before
upgrading, I already have the change in linux_exec.c, but I had no
kernel panic problems. So I think that there are two differents problems
that end up in a kernel panic.

I've replied to kern/12455, and I'll do more tests this weekend to
understand where this is comming from.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.  Cette signature vous est fournie telle quelle, sans
aucune garantie de fonctionnement. En la lisant, vous acceptez